Law practice involving business law, contracts, mergers, acquisitions, asset protection and litigation.
- Manage and develop clients in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Clients include both public and private companies. The public companies are traded on either/both U.S. and Canadian Stock exchanges.
- Experience with working closely with international law firms involving foreign legal matters (Mexico and Canada).
- Draft contracts for various types of companies; including merger and acquisitions, purchases, sales, real estate, employment, and other matters.
- Review organizational documents and prepare and examine contracts which involve leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, and/or easements.
- Interface with clients’ boards of directors and senior management regarding legal questions, and serve as advisor to management, responding to a variety of legal questions regarding the interpretation, structuring, impact and documentation of current and proposed business deals, corporate governance, litigation and legal matters.
- Oversee clients’ litigation matters being handled by other law firms representing my clients.
- Represent clients in commercial litigation matters including contractual disputes.
- Trained in Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Baylor University School of Law, 1991
- Southern Methodist University, B.B.A., 1984
- Texas Juris Doctorate, 1991 – present
- Texas Real Estate Broker’s License, 1985-2008
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Supreme Court, State of Texas